Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Why: Sink Strainer/Stopper

What is a product that I love and that makes life easier?  There are a few products that answer this question for me, but today I want to share about some sink strainers & sink stoppers I found that make life a little nicer.



I had an old all metal sink strainer before that had started to fray at the edges--which isn't nice because it can cause little cuts that aren't nice to have.  So I went to the store and found another, plus a stopper one, these ones cost a little more than the metal ones I have used in the past, but to me the extra price has been worth it.  These ones are silicone rather than metal in the part that catches any large food pieces.  Being silicone they are flexible and can be inverted to easily empty the contents--oh so nice!!!  The other thing I have really liked about these particular strainers/stoppers is the stainless steel part  makes a good smooth transition from sink to stopper, no longer do I have food particles that somehow would still get under the old metal strainers--thus making the work I was trying to avoid in the first place by having a sink strainer.  They are also easy to keep clean.  Need I say more?  Just a simple kitchen item that has made life a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment