Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Taste Test Tuesday: Pull-apart Breads

Taste Test Tuesday:  Whole Wheat Pull-Apart Bread




I was making a few loaves of bread at a time, but when it came time to shape the loaves, I didn't divide the dough very equally, oops.  Oh well, all is well that ends well.  And this is how it ended well:


I took the smaller loaf dough and decided that instead of making a small loaf of bread, I would make pull-apart bread with it.  So I got out my cinnamon and sugar mix that I had on hand from a previous time of making something that required a cinnamon and sugar mix (probably cinnamon rolls), I made little balls of dough and rolled them in the cinnamon/sugar mix. I heated some butter and brown sugar with a little more cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl in the microwave and drizzled this mixture on top of the bread balls.  I let it rise the same amount of time as my other regular size (actually a little big since I didn't divide very well) loaf, then baked them together for the same amount of time.  It turned out delicious and filling!


I used the EZ whole wheat bread recipe that I love from everydayfoodstorage.net.  This is one of my favorite bread recipes--I can use honey, sugar or brown sugar, it turns out soft and delicious every time.  By the way, the sister who does that site shares videos on how to make this wonderful bread, see the link above for the recipe and the videos.


After eating the whole wheat pull-apart bread, I decided that I wanted to then try it with dried apples (from the LDS home storage center, a.k.a. cannery).  So here is the recipe for that, not much different except adding apples.
When I made this version, I added the apples and water to the butter/brown sugar mixture and heated it, then let it rest so the apples could soak up the liquid.  I ended up mixing the balls and apple mixture and then placing them together in the greased pan, drizzling the left over liquid on top, it worked out well, but I thought it would be better to layer it as stated in the recipe above.  Either way, it is delicious!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment