Thursday, July 14, 2011

Taste Test Tuesday: Wheat Crackers


I use my wheat a lot, mostly for bread and extending ground meat dishes.  But, periodically I try new recipes for using my wheat, this cracker recipe is one of those.  They turned out pretty good despite:  being thicker because I didn't roll them out terribly thin, I didn't season them enough (could've used more sea salt or Italian seasoning--both were great by the way on these), they were rather crunchy-almost too hard-not sure if this was because of being too thick or because I left them in the oven too long-oops.  Will I try this recipe again?  Definitely, it's a keeper.


Recipe source:  I got this from a "New Ideas for Basic Food Storage" recipe booklet that highlights food items sold at the LDS Home Storage Centers (cannery) and gives great recipes for using these items.  My family was given this booklet many years ago for a Christmas present (what a wonderful gift!).  Since then I have tried and tried to find out who compiled these cannery item recipes, the closest I've found:  I found the actual booklet available here and here.  If you know who, in all honesty, put these recipes together, they are to be thanked and hugged multiple times!  They have done a great job in compilation and in helping people actually use their food storage.  THANKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment