Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Taste Test Tuesday: 60 Minute Rolls

Mmm...homemade rolls.  Today's recipe I got from a sister at Relief Society back more than a few years ago.  I have made it many times, each time loving it.  I have other roll recipes that turn out delicious too, but this one from start to finish is only about 1 hour, so less than the other roll recipes that require more rising time and such.  Also this recipe calls for a mixer to do the kneading, rather than by hand.  I'm sure it could be hand-kneaded, but that is one thing I like about this recipe is the ease in making it.

The milk in this recipe can be made using dry milk powder, either premade or to make just one cup of milk using dry milk powder thoroughly mix 1 cup of water with 3 T of dry milk.  I've used all purpose flour almost every time I've made this and never had a problem, so even though it states that bread or high gluten flour is best I've not found that it is necessary to have a delicious roll when all is said and done.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment