Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Taste Test Tuesday: Cheese Ravioli

Last week I shared the recipe for making homemade ricotta cheese, this week I am sharing a recipe that uses it--Cheese Ravioli.
I don't have a ravioli maker thing, so I used a rolling pin and a pasta maker to roll out the pasta to a uniform thickness then put globs of cheese filling on it like on a cookie sheet and covered it with another rolled pasta sheet (or folded it over).  I then used a pizza cutter to cut them down to size and sealed the seams simply by pressing a little.  I wasn't exact or anything and it shows in the pictures, if I had wanted to I probably could have made them look nicer.

Tastewise:  both the store bought egg and egg powder pastas turned out fine, without much taste difference between the two.  We did prefer the taste a day or two later to the first day, for some reason after cooking them and sitting in the fridge, then being nuked in the microwave, they actually seemed to taste better.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment