Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Taste Test Tuesday: Strawberry Lemonade

A while back strawberries were on sale for a great price, so I bought a bunch and made freezer jam, jarred jam and strawberry lemonade concentrate.  The freezer jam is pretty much gone already because it is just so good--on bread, mixed in with homemade yogurt, to use as a topping for strawberry shortcake, etc.  MMM.  This is the first time I have made strawberry lemonade concentrate.  The process took a while, but it was worth it.  Opening a quart jar of it and making it up, mmmm.  The recipe I am sharing indicates to use a 1:1 ratio of concentrate to water or pop, but you can use more (or less) water and/or pop to reach the desired taste and consistency you want.  One of the things I love about canning is that I don't have to use freezer or fridge space until opening the canned product, I simply need shelf space.

Making freezer pops out of this is really yummy too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment