Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taste Test Tuesday: Homemade Freezer Jam

Freezer jam is so yummy!  The recipes that come with the fruit pectin are fine and dandy, I have used them and had success with both the process and the final product tasting great.  So, today's recipe is from when I made blueberry and cherry freezer jam.  For this time, I used Ball no sugar needed fruit pectin, but have used the regular one too as well as other brands.  I do like to use sugar--it helps with both the setting up and preserving the color.  But, you can go sugarless too--just be aware it won't gel quite as well and won't keep its color as well.  So on to the recipe...
I've made all blueberry, all cherry and a mix of the two and like them all.  I also love homemade freezer strawberry jam--probably my favorite.  I used a potato masher to mash the fruit.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment