Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Taste Test Tuesday: Grilled Pizza

The pizza dough recipe I am sharing today is one of my favorites--it is the one I use most often.  It works great in the oven, or as showing today on the grill.  I grilled the first side a little too long (as the pictures show), but it still turned out great, a nice and crispy crust.  I used a volcano grill this last time when I made this pizza.  I got this pizza recipe from a Relief Society meeting a few years back.  I've used this recipe using all-purpose flour, but also using a combination of wheat flour and all-purpose flour--both have turned out fine--I do add a little bit more yeast when using wheat flour.
Here are the during pictures:  the first is after flipping the crust over and putting the toppings on, the second shows the Volcano oven lid to help bake the pizza and melt the cheese the rest of the way.  I used regular pizza sauce and cheese rather than the olive oil mentioned in the recipe above.





No comments:

Post a Comment