Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Taste Test Tuesday: Cheese & Beef Bake

First of all, this week at Kroger Ronzoni pasta is on sale!  When you buy 10, the final cost is only 49 cents!  Yeah!  This is one of the better deals on pasta that has happened over the last few years--so stock up.  The usual sales-the buy one get one free-tend to only get the price per box down to about 60-80 cents.

And so, today I am sharing a pasta & wheat recipe:  Cheese & Beef Bake.
I adapted this recipe slightly--I added the wheat, green onions and used homemade taco seasoning rather than a packet, but otherwise it is pretty much the same.  The original recipe I have came from my sister-in-law.  Using only 1/2 c of cooked cracked wheat, it wasn't noticeable at all, flavor-wise or otherwise.  I think I may try it with some dehydrated peppers next time.  I used medium shells pasta, but macaroni or other pasta shapes would work too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment