Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Taste Test Tuesday: Baked Grits & Sausage

MMM...  I adapted a recipe I found in a local low-country cookbook I picked up from the library for 25 cents, and this is what happened...yumminess.  The amounts of the veggies can be adapted to suit individual or family tastes, but the above amounts resulted in a delicious breakfast casserole.  Next time I thought I'd try it with wheat sausage, but this time I used regular sausage with all dried veggies.  The amount of grits can be varied to suit personal needs and tastes, I used regular grits, but instant would probably work too.

Grits are nice to have on hand for quick meals.  They cook up quickly, they are great to add meats, cheeses or veggies to (much like an omelet).  They don't store as long as wheat or oats, but do store for a little while in an airtight container (see the expiration date on the package to determine the best time frame to use the grits).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment