Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Taste Test Tuesday: Ham & Cheese Sandwich Bread


Taste Test Tuesday:  Ham & Cheese Sandwich Bread
MMM, my mouth is watering already!
I originally found this recipe (or rather something similar) in a Taste of Home cookbook I got from the library.  It looked delicious to say the least.  The above recipe has been tweeked a little to accommodate my family’s tastes, but that is the great thing about this and other recipes--you can adjust them to your tastes.
So onto possible variations:  change the types of meat(s) and cheese(s).  Make it a pizza sandwich bread by substituting pizza toppings for the meat and cheese (and add some pizza grinder spices to the dough).  Go green--add spinach.
Anyway you have it, hope you like it!
By the way, I haven’t met a Taste of Home cookbook that I’ve not liked.  They are friendly (the recipes that is--are amateur friendly to make); and the food is oh so good!  The pictures alone make my mouth water.  The library is a great resource when it comes to cookbooks.  Cookbooks on just about anything.  Online is another great recipe source, places like allrecipes.com, or everydayfoodstorage.net for recipes that use food storage and much much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment